Sherlock BTS: A Steadicam Shot of Moriarty in ASiB
What are we looking at?
- Shiny board! This is a reflector they’re using to shine a bit of light on Andrew’s face so the shadow from the direct sun doesn’t obscure anything adorable.
- The Steadicam operator. The Steadicam is a marvel of human ingenuity and silliness. It allows the camera operator to follow actors on foot.
The motion of the shot is side to side but without the up and down bounce so the viewer feels as if they’re walking or running along, but they don’t get seasick! In these shots of Moriarty you get a real sense you’re walking along with him. The camera and the rig is all attached to one guy’s body and he often has a spotter to made sure he doesn’t fall on his ass.
- Windscreen! This guy is protecting the Steadicam rig from gusts of wind that can make the picture shake.
- That’s Andrew Scott as James Moriarty. But you knew that.
- Sue Vertue, the producer is taking a walk with the crew.
- The boom microphone operator. He’s there to record Moriarty’s raspberry to Mycroft. The fuzzy bit covering the mic at the end of the boom is the muff (or “dead cat”) it protects the mic from picking up the sound of the wind. Not only is he keeping up with the gang while holding a really long stick, he has to make sure that stick a) doesn’t kill anybody and b) is never, ever in the camera frame.
why does this have 32k notes? it’s just a picture of a knife in a ranch bottle, is there some unspoken joke that 32 thousand people share? what is going on here, i dont get it. it’s just a fucking picture of a knife in a ranch bottle. is there some spiritual connection people have to this picture? is there some ominous and mystical reasoning that this has 32 thousand notes? do people reblog this because it makes them look like some indie blogger? or is there just something funny to this? someone please explain
no one tell him
(Source: zero1infinity, via a-worthy-mystery)
when someone says something so wrong that really pisses you off but you don’t wanna start an argument so you just sit there like
(Source: mvlans-moved, via pauliporcupine)
White people will literally tattoo ANYTHING on their bodies. ABSOLUTELY. ANYTHING.
why is she tattooing tea on her? did tea save her life?
I have this feeling that she doesn’t even know what chai means. Probably thought it was spiritual or something. I’m patiently waiting for her response lmao
CHAI IS THE HEBREW WORD FOR LIFE HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE PICTURE IT SAYS #Hebrew THE WRITING IS IN HEBREW YA’LL ARE BEING PURPOSEFULLY IGNORANT TO SHAME A “WHITE” GIRL WHO ISN’T EVEN WHITE
AYYYY Jew stepping in here. Chai (chet-Yud) translates to “Life”. Which is what we say out of respect to the familes of those who die. But most importantly it is a symbol of the jewish religion, this being from the saying “Am Yisrael Chai” translating to “The children of Israel are alive”. Do you know how awesome it is to see someone embracing my culture? I’ve grown up scared to even mention that i’m jewish to people in fear of being attacked or killed. So to see someone tattoo it on themselves is awesome! I mean yeah the Torah forbids it, but it also forbids most medicines so fuck that. All you SJWs go on about “appropriating other people cultures”. But did any of you think to actually ask a Jew? No. You all assumed she had “Tea” tattooed on her because saying you’re open minded is completely different to actually having an open mind.
Here’s a little saying for you by Hillel.
"he who refuses to learn deserves extinction.”
And you didn’t even try to learn.
Your Anti-Semitism disgusts me and i hope you learnt a lesson here.
ps summer-tryst You have embarassed the hell out of yourself. Enjoy eating your own words since Chai “Isnt even spiritual”. nahh. it just represents the religion that all monotheistic faiths are built upon. totally not religious.
you might want to learn what anti-semitism actually means. a lack of education about a religion does not equate to prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination towards Jews. perhaps summer-tryst only knows about chai meaning “tea” in Hindi, like myself. If i didn’t know that chai had an association with the Jewish religion, i wouldn’t ask them.
a lack of education about something you aren’t familiar with does not equal discrimination or hatred
(Source: autumn-tryst, via holnnes)